How to create a Duotone Graphic on Photoshop
One of this years great trends in graphic design (thanks to the likes of art shown on platforms as Spotify & Apple) is duotones. And there’s no wonder why, there is so much to love about these playful, fun graphics! We’ve created a super easy step-by-step video to help you to create duotone images on Photoshop for your business or personal imagery.
Feel free to send us or tag us in your duotone images on social media, we'd love to see what you create!
Steps to creating your Duotone Graphic
1. Create Clipping mask of image using 'Pen Tool'. Set image to black & white and adjust contrast.
2. Create new layer for background with solid fill - colour of your choice. In this example I used #a0ecff
3. Create new layer with solid fill - colour of your choice. In this example I used #ea008f. Select 'Multiply' on the dropdown layer styles.
4. Create another new layer with solid fill - colour of your choice. In this example I used #2f009b. Select 'Lighten' on the dropdown layer styles.
5. Select Elipse Tool and change to gradient fill, using transparent to colour of your choice. I used #ff97e5 in this example. Holding shift key, create a circle on the layer above the background and before the photo layer. Adjust sizing/position using Transform. You can duplicate this layer for more circles and adjust sizes and positioning.
6. Use Type tool to add text to new layer. In this example, I used the font Avenir Book.